i am not weird. i am limited edition.

I Am a Godess

The king, with whom she's having an affair, challenges her: "Orinthia, what have you ever done to justify the consciousness of a goddess?"
And she replies: "Give me a goddess' work to do; and I will do it... But do not pretend that people become great by doing great things. They do great things because they are great, if the great things come along. But they are great just the same when the great things do not come along... Thank god my self-conscience is something more than vulgar conceit and having done something (multumesc lui Dumnezeu ca nu-mi bazez increderea de sine pe ceva atat de vulgar ca dovada ca am avut cateva realizari). It is what I am, not what I do that you must worship in me."

Orinthia's speech in George Bernard Shaw's The Apple Cart

Niciun comentariu: